Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

One mini, two mini, three mini, more!!!
That’s how it is in the World of Miniatures…  I just can’t seem to get enough when it comes to them.
 Many moons ago I purchased an old printers tray and started to fill it. I became obsessed.  When the tray was full - my mini fixation fell away, much to my chagrin. (all that time I wasted, oh my!)  Working and other life’s bog downs took over and I forgot about my minis, but everywhere we moved my printer’s tray came with me.   All those little wonderful mini’s I had fun collecting, gifts from friends and family kept getting dusted and repositioned through the years and then one day I wanted MORE.    That meant a house to display MINIS in.  My hubby’s hobby is wood working and he fashioned a brownstone frame for me from plans we got at Earth and Tree Miniature Store.  I learned a lot watching, fetching, measuring and learning how to fit a rectangular box together and I actually cut out a few  windows . When all was said and done he said “Go for it”.  And go for it I did. First I finished the outside front of the house with brick and the 3 sides with a drywall compound to simulate adobe type finish, I added a slate roof.  I put electric tape inside the rooms so eventually I could hopefully add some lights.   Over the years I have made rugs, dolls, polymer clay food, a  grandmother’s  clock (of which I am exceedingly proud of),  furniture, etc.   
I want to share my love of Miniatures with like enthusiasts.  I belong to a Dollhouse Club and we do minis  twice a month and have much fun….  Please if you love miniatures and don’t have a club near you, Start One….  You will reap the rewards….People have such great imaginations.   There are wonderful sites out there in cyber space also. Some of the people in our club have been doing minis for 30 years.  Believe me; they are definitely   Artists….  I have been a member for 3 years now and am still amazed at what they come up with and I rack my brain to come up with something also.  Even though I have been doing minis for about 5 years, I am certainly a novice with much left to learn.
My blog will be about sharing information. What I learn from fellow bloggers and what I come up with on my own.  I am hoping you all will share your wealth of knowledge also.  Join me on my journey into the land of miniature.  We’re sure to have fun…
If any of you out there have any ideas of your own, please don’t hesitate to share them.  We all want our mini’s to look like the real McCoy and strive for that end.

One of the most recent mini's I made is this cute little hurricane lamp.  I will tell you how to make this little guy in my next post.  I am exhausted trying to figure my way around this site.  So till next time, 
Mini Hugs,
Lady Jane 

4 comments:

  1. I love your new blog and the cool design and I have become a follower. I love your story of how you became interested in minis. I can't wait for the directions for the little lamp. Welcome to Blogland, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the wonderful world of Blogging, Lady Jane. You have a real friend in Jean. She sent me over here.

    I am looking forward to seeing more of your detailed work.

    Becky K.
    Hospitality Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating mini's and a great idea for a blog. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful lamp. I love all the details. Looking forward to your tutorial. I already love your new blog and I also love your name. It's so unique. I love English history.

    ReplyDelete