Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

It's Mini Meet Night!

Time to say goodbye to Halloween! It’s been fun going to the various blogs and seeing the cute Halloween displays.  Moving on into November we will be seeing the leaves fall here in New England and the cold will be moving in.  THAT MEANS MORE TIME TO SPEND IN MY WORKSHOP. YAY!!!  I still have work that could be done in my garden beds and will try to get out there on the warm days that hopefully will still visit us.  My little dog Ragsy loves this time of year and that means I will be getting some exercise, which I badly need, as he wants to walk in the crisp fall air.  He is already at the door begging to go out constantly.   I mentioned that I was anxiously awaiting the battery operated lights from Manhattan Dollhouse.  YES, THEY CAME!!!  I am not disappointed.  As I took each from the box the batteries were in each lamp, so I could just turn them on!  Too Cool…  So naturally down I head to the dollhouse to see how they will look. My hubby just shakes his head, lol...  Now every room has a glow!!!  The lights are very well made and sturdy.  But of course you have to turn each on individually so I wouldn’t put them into a large house.  That would be a pain in the butt!!!  But I see a use for them in room boxes especially and a 4 room house wouldn’t be too much of a bother.  It would be nice if they came out with some lamp posts for garden displays.  I will take them to tonight’s Mini Meet for Show and Tell and then try to figure out how to hang the 2 hanging lights as they are a bit heavy because of the 5/8” in diameter lithium battery. They came with a foam adhesive disc to hang them with, but I am a skeptic because they are a bit heavy. We will all have to wait and see…  Yes, tonight’s Mini Meet.  I am so looking forward to it as we are painting a tiny Santa plaque that I can hang on the front door of my house for Christmas.  Now, I am here to tell you that when it comes to mini painting; well, I am not the most proficient teeny tiny painter in the world and that’s an understatement.  But with each one we do I am getting hopefully a bit better.  You can be the judge when I show you in my next post.   The lady teaching the class is just a marvel. And I can’t wait until tonight.  Till next time, mini hugs, LJ 
       

1 comment:

  1. The lights look great, take some pics after you put them in the house, I can't wait to see them. Have fun at your meeting tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing your little painting.

    ReplyDelete