Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Just dubbin around!

A Warm Welcome to my latest followers Lynn from http://countryheartandroses.blogspot.com/ and Cidisu, Thanks for stopping bye. Hop on over to see Lynns wonderful site!

A while back I was just dubbin around! I had purchased a new embroidery sewing machine and I would like to start quilting. I made up a crazy quilt square (I figured that would be appropriate, a crazy square for a crazy lady) and this is how it turned out.





I wanted to see how my fancy stitches would look on something so I made up the square. I had some help from http://www.vintagevogue.com/0Index_of_Blocks.pdf  you can download some fabulous info and designs from this site. It came out pretty good for my first try and I just love the stitches on this fantastic machine, but I havent a clue what I am going to do with it as yet, lol...  I used it for my background for my Lady Jane picture. I did make one baby crib quilt that I gave to Jean http://aromanticcountryhome.blogspot.com/  for her favorite cause. She makes baby quilts which she donates to Boston's Brighams and Young for premies. She has made tons for them. This is my one contribution:


Sorry my pics didnt come out too well.  I have joined a quilt club thinking this will get me started on my way to making fantastic, fabulous quilts.  Hmmmmmmmmmm,  Me Thinks I have to get out of "Mini Mode" first.

Speaking of which it is back to making my mini "Guy" for my mini house. My house has way too many woman in it and every house needs a man. I dont know how Francis will feel surrounded by all those women, we'll have to wait and see...


7 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful and I hope you get some patterns for quilt blocks that you can share. I saw a wall hanging at my sewing store that is fabulous. I just hope I can get that good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the very warm Welcome on your blog, and also for becoming one of my followers on my blog!

    Your quilt is very pretty!

    Have a wonderful day!

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have promised myself when the swelling goes down in my hands, I'm digging out my hubs fabrics to start his quilt. All these new techniques going on around me are making me antsy to sew something beautiful and warm. Hugs.Tammy.... well done on your crazy square.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is very pretty, and it looks like a lot of work went into it. A lot of loving work~

    Yes, every home needs a man about the place, it will be interesting to see the guy that fits right into your little mini-family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again. I want to say your blog has inspired me to resume making my miniatures and encouraging my grandchildren too. Awhile back I wrote a post showing my doll house and talked a little bit about it.

    I also like the way you welcome 'followers'. I had never thought about that, a very sweet idea and gesture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Great crazy square .... that is something I have always wanted to do ... and lovely baby quilt for a great cause.

    ReplyDelete