Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Special Post

This is a very special Christmas Tree for the Charmington's Christmas house. My mother in law would visit us every summer from Florida and she watched with such anticipation as the house grew and new things were made or added to turn the house into a home. She would get so excited. With every phone call made she never failed to ask about my house and what new had been done to it. I am sorry it never was completed for her to see the final result. When my second mom passed away she left me all her Christmas earrings and I have put them onto the tree and every year when I bring it out it is a trip down memory lane. It brings back such wonderful Christmas memories! "Oh yeah, that was the year mom wore those cute Santa earrings".  I turned the tree to get several shots so you can  hopefully see all the little earrings my special second mom gave to me. You can click on the pic to make it bigger and I apologize that some cannot be seen too clearly, but it is a memory I just had to share with you.




Mini Blessings, Lady Jane

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to keep your MIL part of each Christmas. I clicked and enlarged the photos and the tree is so cute. How grand that she was so interested in your project. A very long time ago, I made miniature Christmas trees (mounted on Shaker type boxes) and chose doll house miniatures to place around the tree just perfect for the recipient. For instance, my mom's friend that knitted, I put miniature skeins of thread, needles, and a sewing basket. You bring back good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, she was a special lady, and with you every day, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, what a special tree full of memories. Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit. Can't wait to see your folk art! Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. vergelijken van zorgverzekeringen verplichte zorgverzekering in nederland
    wa verzekering vergelijken voordeligste zorgverzekering
    Take a look at my web blog : studenten zorgverzekeringen

    ReplyDelete