Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

John Craig House

I just ordered the John Craig house from Debbie Young at Young at Heart.  I just cant wait to get it. This is quarter scale.  The same size as my Sears Roebuck House. http://youngatheartminiatures.com/shop/


This will be a real challenge to put together,  but should be a lot of fun...
Also I am going to make a greenhouse to go beside my brownstone. That will take a while to do and will get tedious to work on those little flowers and plants so it will be fun to go back and forth between the two projects.
I have done stain glass work so I am going to pattern my greenhouse after the real Lady Jane of Mini Fame.  Check out her fantastic workmanship. http://www.ladyjane.com/   This is the greenhouse I want to kind of pattern mine after. It will be somewhat different as I want to be able to remove the glass part so I can get at the gardens.

I think the back wall will be up against the house with a fake door going into the house. The other side will be the stone but more like a cathedral like front.  It will have french doors.  No wires as I want to be able to lift the glass up.  This will be an undertaking.... Wish me luck.  It is nice to finally have my miniature goals fixed.

6 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty! I really like the idea of the greenhouse too. Can't wait to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the green house :) Happy crafting, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola! Me gusta mucho tu blog, pero mr cuesta mucho entender el ingles, ¿podrias poner un traductor de Google? Asi podria enterarme muy bien de todo.Muchas gracias y perdona por pedirte este favor. Un beso Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! Will be anxious to see the greenhouse.

    TY for your sweet well wishes ... I'm slowly mending & unbruising.

    TTFN ~
    Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! The John Craig house is gorgeous! That will take you a while! I love it! And the greenhouse is beautiful, too! You always find some wonderful things to make. I can see that the flowers could get tedious. Good plan to have two things to work on. I can't wait to see your progress. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just went over to her website, and all I can say is WOW! What a talented Lady she is! Her creations are beautiful! Oh my, my!

    ReplyDelete