Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Late 1950's DollHouse

Hi, Sorry I havent been here for a while but I havent really been doing much with my mini's.  If you been following me on Cozy you know I have been doing some reading instead of much else. Anyway, a while back one of my dollhouse club buddies brought this house to a meeting and I bought it because it reminded me of one I had as a kid.  There is no stamp or anything referring to the maker of this house on the house.  I could find similar houses on the internet but not this particular house.   Mine was two story and had a balcony.  Oh well,  just as in real life I  downsized and now am in a Ranch, lol...  A few weeks later at a Group Antique Shop I came upon some furniture so I just couldnt resist and outfitted the house with what I found there,  and then again, I am unsure who made them.  Anyway there is not a lot to tell about the house except that it is in fairly good shape, only little spots of rust as these are made out of metal and stamped and they come with little tabs that fit together and most are still there and in good shape.  It is missing the cupola but has the chimney and best of all it brings on a nostalgic feeling when I look at it and yes, play with it.  These were the houses of the 50's that all my girlfriends had also.  So if you are ready we shall tour the house...  Please be careful you dont fall into the pond, I have so many problems with people falling into that pond...  It must be cocktail time...

Please click if you like to see any of the pics bigger...





















Hope you enjoyed the tour. Til next time, L J

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lady Jane! Thanks for commenting on my dollhouse, and I'm just crazy about yours. Especially the pond! How cute is that? I've been playing with my house ever since I did that post, and I've been looking at other houses on Flickr, etc. I think I'm in danger of wanting to start a collection of them! Making a whole neighborhood of them. And the first one I would get would be one like yours, because I don't think I'm going to be happy now until I have one with a pond!
    Happy Weekend!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy does this doll house bring back memories! I remember playing with this type of doll house as a child, but the one we had was a more traditional two-story. What a treat, to see yours all decked out in the proper furniture too.

    The pond on the patio is an interesting touch. This doll house is really a treasure! Every time you post something about your miniatures I am inspired to get going again with my doll houses, just need more time in a day~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lady Jane, Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. Love your post this week! This doll house is adorable and brings back so many memories! The pond is adorable. The furniture you picked up is perfect for it! How neat to be in a doll-house club!
    Blessings, Shirl
    Shirls Rose Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'day LJ ~ Love this adorable tour of this mini. What fun!

    Thank you, also, for your sweet note & support with my husband illness. You are truly appreciated.

    Have a beautiful day ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete