Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Shed/Storefront

Last Saturday 3 of us headed to Worcester to what NAME calls their Workday.  For $25.00 you get a kit, a continental breakfast and lunch.  It was well worth it as a couple of the ladies made lasagne and spanakopia.  YUMMY!!! fresh bread, salads and desserts to boot.  All homemade fare with coffee or tea.  I was so hoping to get picked to go.  As not too many people were interested in going it was YAY I can go, I can go...  It was a bit tiring as I had to get up at 4am but it was worth it.  If you follow my other blog you know I love to garden and I wanted to make the roombox as a shed not a storefront.   Two of us go and bring back the knowledge to show the club how to make them when they come in this summer. This is a fun kit to make, I love it.  There are so many different ways that it can be done.  Some are going to have storefronts with all kinds of stores in mind.  There was quite a crowd and I got to meet a few people from other clubs and a couple that I recognized from the hutch fun day last year.  And guess what?  Mine is done!!!   Tralla!!!  Drum Roll Please.....
Remember to click to make pics bigger...

I changed the foundation and put in stones I had left from my house and I was not fond of the paper clay for stone. I will work with it again as I can see many uses for it, but not for stones.  The left side of the shed was painted same as the shed and I thought it rather blah so I took a pic from my print shop and put it in to look like the shed is in the woods.  I think it works...
I made the bench and BFF Jeannie Girl made the bird bath a while back for my upcoming greenhouse/conservatory.  I made the bird eons ago.  It fits well here so here it will stay awhile.
I also made the macrame hanger and the flowers come from the Bridle dept at Michaels.

I filled the window with junk I had laying around. You cant really see the cell phone on the 2nd shelf down that Francis left there.  I hope no important calls come in....

I wonder when he will put the cardinal in the yard???

Oh My! and he forgot to put the pitch fork into the shed...TSK TSK...

Jeez the bird house needs to go out also...

At least he went out and swept up a bit...

Well it is time to follow the crushed sea shell path to the house for supper....
Til next time, L J
Praying for Peace and the Good Folks of Japan

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I love your storefront!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trees look so 'right' :) It all looks lovely :) Happy crafting, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely - the tree print is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing a great job on your little store. That sounds like a fun thing you did over the weekend. I enjoyed your visit very much and seeing all your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on this, my friend! I love the colors you chose, they are my colors! I have these colors in my real house, as you know! I love it and I can't wait to get my kit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lady Jane, You made my day! :-) I took a brief wander over to your BLOG. Charlie on the MTA brings back SO many great memories. I grew up in Boston, moved to South Shore 30 years ago, but I miss Boston every day.
    I'll be back asap to read your blog

    ReplyDelete