Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg

There is a lake by this name in Webster, MA.  It is an indian name and it means "you fish on your side, I'll fish on my side and nobody fishes in the middle".  Just a bit of trivia to pass on to you while I show you my fish in my pond...

This was our mini meet project for June.  One of our ladies teaches this project in her classes and she was gracious enough to take time to show us how to do one.  She charged a minimum fee and it was well worth the cost as there was quite a bit involved.  She casts the molds and she taught us how to wash them with color and then spray a touch of liquid stone to it.  We then added the ferns and made the cat tails and glued our rocks and fish in.    She then took them home and added the water for us cause we were afraid of the smell going thru the building where we meet.  Then we made the irises and water lilies and put on the moss with the impatients and wha la... Our very own piece of Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagunga maugg

Don't forget to click...


Till next time, Hope you are having a great summer.
LJ

5 comments:

  1. I love it! It came out so beautiful! You did a great job on the flowers, especially the water lilies. It's all very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pond. It really looks authentic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute project and what a name. Penless Writer (Susan)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful creation! You re so talented, my friend.

    Love those Indian names ... just about as interesting as the Hawaiian ones.

    Write me ~ blushing_rose_boutique@yahoo.com & I'll send you the directions to make the rosettes. IF I CAN do it, so can you.

    Have a beautiful weekend.
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    I saw your blog on Blushing Rose. I can't believe I found a place that has miniature items. My daughter, Jess, loves miniature things, and every time I see something small, I buy it for her. How adorable are the photos shown here. Me and my daughters just started a new blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. The link is: http://redrosealley.blogspot.com Jess will enjoy coming back here and seeing all your wonderful miniature treasures. Hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete