Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

NAME KITCHEN AND WORK CENTER

I am following along with Quarter Scale Connection to do the Name Day kitchen and work center in 1/4 scale.  In tomorrow's pictures I will think to put a penny next to the items so you can get a better idea how small this is to work on.  This is kind of neat to do it on the puter.  I ordered the kit a few months back and tonight they had the first on line meeting to put together the room box and the oven. This is the first time I have done this and I must admit I was a bit skeptical but it went just fine.  I got into the site with no probs and you can keep up with the instructor. I previously downloaded all the instructions so I could look at those pages as I followed along.   In the end it is supposed to look like this:


Here is a picture of my room box


And my oven.  There were stickers in the kit for the knobs and handles but I ended up using a straight pin.  Cutting off the heads for the knobs and using the rest of the pin for handles.



I am putting together the room box but I am not using it for this project so you wont see the wall paper etc in this box. I am putting it away for another project because I am putting this kitchen into one of my other 1/4 scale houses I will be doing, not sure which one yet. There is another class tomorrow and I will post what else we do.

Til next time, Hugs, LJ



5 comments:

  1. Tu horno es fantástico! espero ver los avances de esta preciosa escena.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the room box! Very nice and cozy. I'd love a real kitchen that looked like that.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea. Cute as can be. Have a great weekend. Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! es una cocina preciosa y tan pequeña!! Me encanta!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Lady Jane! I am long overdue a visit! Hope you have been well, and I can see you have been busy. Well, your room is absolutely adorable. You truly are gifted to make these lovely little minis! Love your wall oven... love the whole kitchen, as a matter of fact! Everything is so cute: the wallpaper, valance, window, range hood... everything is great!
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete