Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Antiquing For Minis

The real reason I like antique stores (besides teapots)  is I hunt for minis....  Yesterday I found a bananza!!!  Usually I dont find much.  Two wonderful kits to make and this cute table that opens up. I think this will go in my brownstone kitchen for the time being.


This wonderful Betsy Ross I think will look good in 1/2 Scale surroundings.
So naturally I will have to make a 1/2 Scale Betsy Ross House to put her in.




Won't this be a great mini project!!!


Too many ideas, not enough time!!!

If you would like to view the Betsy Ross House go to


Till next time, LJ

9 comments:

  1. That's a great find! Enjoy it.
    Hugs
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds LJ! I love it when you're able to find things unexpected while shopping. Hope you have a wonderful week! Luv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how fun! Enjoy your afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your "mini" finds! Isn't it fun to find something that can make us SO happy! I'm also going to check out that link... and yes, that house would look adorable as a dollhouse!
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I like them so much! I'll have to look for more of those kits for my house. The Betsy Ross figure is great. I can just picture her in a home setting. Get busy, Girl! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Still looking for the magnetic strips. Think they will do more than an extra coating, but thanks for helping me think about the problem! Love your finds. Have fun with them.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lady Jane, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, it will make a great project! I too find many good deals in miniatures at thrift & antique stores. Etsy also offers some nice items and I have found a few miniature things my little houses needed on Etsy for very good prices.

    I am going to have to post some more miniatures soon, like you said, "time".

    ReplyDelete