Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Art Studio Roof

Man this roof is giving me night mares!!!  I just don't know what to do with it...  I tried the shingles that came with the kit but they are so thin I just didn't like them (Did I say warped,  no not me the roof....aha). I think I mentioned somewhere I am keeping the roof as it will look great on a witch or sorcerer house.  Anyway -  I wanted Spanish tile (I have always wanted to live in a house with Spanish tiles, see mini's fullfill some dreams, lol)  and yes I could have made my own out of polymer clay but I just don't have the dang time now as GD's graduation is getting too close, that's what I get for my procrastination...  Here are some pics of the plastic piece I bought to use.

This is the backside....Too shiny and not very Terracotta looking.



Added copper paint -  I loved it but not Terracotta enough, so went out and bought some Terracotta paint...


added some dry brushing with black and green paint


end result


I think once it is cut out I will like it.  Maybe add a few more dry brushings and some moss to make it look even older.


I picked up some more copper foil for the underside of the roof and the peak above the door again, I will have to fill in the slot holes in the peak with putty and some tape so the foil will look even and not show an indent. Also bought a roof ridge which I think I will use copper foil on, not sure yet.  For one side of the house I have vines I bought and apples but decided on a Spring setting instead of Fall,  so have to figure on the flowers (maybe apple blossoms or trying for wisteria, maybe)  for  some sort of espalier or a vine climbing the wall. Hubby cut a platform to put the house on (thanks Hubby, I hate using the big saw, I like my band saw and scroll saw, lol)  which is too big I am going to ask him to cut it down some more.  I picked up some green flocking material to cover it with.  A few years ago I made a birdhouse in a garden setting and I think I am going to put it on the other side of the house.  I am thinking of hanging Sam's art studio sign on a post outside the cottage instead of from the house. 

Mini Hugs, LJ

3 comments:

  1. A perfect result, I dare to say. Looks great on your cottage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that. It's going to go well with your trim... Lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing, LJ. I just love the details you give your creations.
    Have a beautiful weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete