Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

NAME FUN DAY

And wow what a fun day it was....  I traveled down to Worcester yesterday to meet with Jeannie girl, her friend Daryl and our friend Barbara to attend a couple of miniature classes at the NAME FUN DAY sponsored by the Friends Thru Miniature Club in Worcester, MA.  They had wonderful things planned for us.  A silent auction, things to buy, great minis to look at and vote on. A continental breakfast, wonderful lunch and great classes.  The first class we all did together and we made a Lumberman's breakfast.  That was so much fun being together for a fun class. See the fab things I made:

Not too fond of the potatoes on the left, will redo those. The next plate is Canadian bacon the teacher gave to us and I think I will practice on those as I think they are a little too pink for my taste and she showed us how to make regular bacon, which she does a fantastic job on.  Can't wait to buy the stuff and try to fiddle with them at home. We made waffles and pancakes with strawberries, blueberries and cherries. Of course butter along with a tray of coffee,  frying eggs, orange juice and syrup.  I didn't get to make the syrup yet which is made from resin and kitchen bouquet (if not familiar with that it is a flavor added to real stews to spice things up.  It is basically a liquid beef bouillon) to put on top of the pancakes and waffles,  which will jazz them up a bit also. I had another class to get to and we were interrupted to clear our tables for lunch.



After Lunch we took off for all their events planned for us...

This was a gift to everyone from the club


I had to buy this doll, I love her face!!!  I was going to make a maid but I have one of those all ready so I think she is going to be a granny instead.


I voted on these in the silent auction and won.  I am a great fan of folk art and these are a must have.  Although I lost out on the Tasha Tudor miniature book, dang....


I bought the stove as I love it.  It is 1/2 scale and I am slowly gathering 1/2 scale things and haven't a clue what I will do with them but I will figure it out, lol...


I lucked out and won a door prize and picked the toy chest kit as it will look cute in my toy store.


Whoops forgot to put this above with the breakfast stuff.  I asked the teacher if I could buy the mold for the waffles and she gave it to me.  Yay....

Said goodbye to the girls as they were taking different classes and went

To the next class which was punch needle. You punch from the wrong side.


This is the front side and the needle we used.


I AM ADDICTED... I BOUGHT ANOTHER KIT AS WELL AS 2 OTHER NEEDLES. ONE IN CASE I RUIN THE ONE I HAVE AND ONE FOR FINER YARN OR THREAD.


We also received a book and some designs


And lots of yarn and a practice piece.

I spent way too much money but had a wonderful time learning, talking with old friends and  meeting new friends.

Till next time, LJ

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a really great time and so what if you spent too much money! You got some lovely things (like the stove) and did very well with your food items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! All the time "dollshousing" and miniatures making in classes ^-^!! Sounds good to me :) Wish I could do that too. You had some very beautiful purchases and gifts. Enjoy it!
    Greetings, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi LJ, love love the stove...sounds like a fun filled time, so many new things! I really love your craft! Wishing you a lovely eve! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really good time! My favorite is the bacon! It made me quite hungry--I think I'll need some bacon for breakfast tomorrow! =)
    ~* Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I wish they had classes here they seem like a lot of fun. You got great items I love the stove. You made great food.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a great time and I learned how to make so much "food". Your rug making kit looks great and I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. I may take that class next time. I really enjoyed the day and want to do it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must have had so much fun! Love you pix...thanks for sharing.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete