Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Back In The Swing Of Things

Hi All, I know it has been forever since I have been here.  I have been engaged with my gardens, mowing, trimming and care giving.  Hubby had some health issues and he is on the mend from colon surgery, also a bout with a bleeding ulcer just after his surgey.     Thank you all for your prayers.  You all are in our thoughts and prayers also.

Now if I don't do some miniaturing (is that a word?)  I will go nuts.  It may take all summer because of chores but out came a kit I have had kicking around for a long time...   It is a Debbie Young Kit from her Young at Heart site  and called the John F. Craig House.  This is a true inn located in a seaside town of Cape May, New Jersey, which is famous for it's beautiful gingerbread covered Victorian Houses.  You can visit the Craig House Inn at www.johnfcraig.com  Someday I would love to stay there!  A goal we hope to archive.

Pics of the kit:  Double click the pics to get a better looksee.





Remember this is quarter scale 1/4" to a foot.  Usually I deal with 1" to a foot.  This will be a real challenge.
Love to you all, LJ

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear hubby is on the mend. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

    Dying to see this mini when you are done ... you are so talented. I'd never have the patience.

    Have a beautiful day ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Finally gettin' to it! I can't wait to see it done! I didn't realize it had so many rooms, good luck and take your time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha~ I came to the same conclusion. After a lot of commitments finished I was contemplating the many undone gardening and wool projects , then decided, no way! I am going to do some fun miniature projects, and so I did. Even blogged about the beginnings of the projects. I miss my miniatures and my tea time so it was a natural to combine them.

    I am glad to see your husband is on the mend and you are taking on a new project.( and what a project!)

    ReplyDelete