Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Kayla's Roombox

It is finished, yay and I am very pleased with it.  It still needs an area rug which I haven't figured out what I want yet.  I think it needs a floor lamp perhaps beside the hutch and sofa.  But mostly done and can be shared with you:

I made the NAME Day Hutch, wonderful Friend Barbara's pouting chair kit and also her sofa she taught us how to make. The shells on display cubes I purchased from Barbara at a show and also the ornate picture frame. I just love her amazing talent!  She really needs a web site to sell her remarkable things she crafts.  As soon as she has one I will let you all know. Other things I made from previous posts.  The art on either side of the hutch are reproductions of my granddaughter's art.  She is so talented and it is nice that they can go into her cousin's room box.


 
I love these battery operated lites!  Pic doesn't do it justice...

 
The floor is strips of oak veneer you iron on. It comes on a roll and you can buy at Home Depot. I put together the border from pics of seashells.  The paneling I painted vintage white to match the decor.  Wallpaper is scrapbook paper I had kicking around.

 
This is Kayla's  Gram (DIL's mom) who just loves the ocean also and they are having a Granddaughter to Gram afternoon chat over a cup of coffee and a snack. Don't you wish we could eavesdrop???

 
A pic of the famous Cape Neddick York Lighthouse. Jill Renee Marquis of www.marquisminiatures.com  gives these little business cards out at shows with neat pics of her art and they make perfect wall art. My friend Barbara gave me a picture of the clock which I varnished and surrounded with bits of smashed seashells. 

 
A quilt given to me in a swap. Sorry I lost the maker's name so if she sees it I hope she will email me so I can give her credit for it.  It is so cute....


 
I won the table and repainted it to match the decor. The tray was made by my BFF Jean of A Romantic Country Home  and given to me as a gift.  Kayla and Gram I bought at Hobby Builders Supply along with the room box.
 
 
There you have it.  I love it and I am going to have a hard time parting with it, lol...
Hugs, LJ

9 comments:

  1. LJ this is so beautiful! I really like the window seat and bookcases. Nice vivid colors and it looks so real...thanks for sharing! Good job! Wishing you a lovely week!
    Hugs & Best Wishes,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this box! Your sofa and chair are beautiful. The sea view from the window and the hutch surrounding the window seat are very impressive. I love everything that has to do with the sea, your granddaughter's art included. Great work.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very nice! The view of the sea are amazing. The pictures are wonderful. Color scheme of the room is ideal.
    hugs, ANDA

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a wonderful job... My daughter and I did a miniature house when she was little girl.. she'd have LOVED yours..

    Blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore every detail! So much fun to see your photos.
    Wishing you a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello LJ,
    It is beautiful! What a great project. your work is so crisp and clean. I love your finishing.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kayla will love it! It came out so great! I love how you did the window on the alcove. I will need some instruction for mine for my kitchen. I love the flooring and will have to get some of that iron on veneer. It all goes together so well. You did good, my friend, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jean, I got rid of all your other repeat comments. It has happened to me also. I saw 13 comments and thought wow....lol...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have just helped me solve the problem of lighting my house!!! Battery operated ! Woohoo! Thank you Lady Jane and that is a brilliant room!

    ReplyDelete