Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Rug

Here's the rug to go into the room box.  I took a picture from the internet and made it bigger in word.  Ironed white flannel to the shiny side of freezer paper and put through printer to get the rug image.  The flannel really soaks up the dye.  You can cut away a little of the paper from the sides to do some fraying for rug fringe.  I don't remove the freezer paper because it gives it some stability.  It isn't as bright as I would like but it will have to do.  It's an antique, right???  Try this trick you will be glad you did!!!


 
Next the lamp....  LJ

5 comments:

  1. This completes the decor` LJ. Love the blue color and it looks like an antique! Will you stop by our new blog and follower us here too ...Miss Kitty wants kitties to visit her blog! Thanks I've joined you.

    Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello LJ,
    Thank you for the tip. The rug looks beautiful. Very well done!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the design you have chosen - all the better to for having created it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks perfect to me and I love the color. It will be hard to give this up!

    ReplyDelete