Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Baby gets a new outfit for Easter

 
Happy Easter to all you bloggers in blogland.  I hope you and your families have a Holy, Joyful Day!

I finished the outfit.  After many tedious attempts  I am going to show it even though it is a little ragged around the edges. I am hoping you will see improvement over time.  I hope, lol...

 
It is very difficult to keep my stitches even on such small needles using such fine thread. I am sure it will come with practice. The hard part is the edges while knitting. Either I hold them too tight or too loose as I am afraid of losing them off the needle. (ha, that happened a lot and it is hard to pick them up).  I didn't have much problem with life size knitting.  It came to me like a duck takes to water. I will persevere.....
 
 
 
 
It looks better on the doll on the back side.
 
 
 
Here you can tell it is a wee bit big on the pants. Easy to take care of this as I will run a thread around the waist and tighten it up a bit.
 
Thank you to Christine of Holly Hock Cottage for explaining to me what a "yfwrd"  meant....
 
HAPPY EASTER....
 
 
MINI HUGS, LJ
 


7 comments:

  1. You did great - that outfit is cute as can be!
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute as a button, Lady Jane. Have a beautiful Easter celebration.

    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable knitting work, Lady Jane!
    Happy Easter! Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi.....I like your first attempt, I have the pattern book myself, this lady uses very thin needles and very thin thread. It looks like your needles were too thick for the thread. I think you should first try to make something with a thicker thread and needles. Just keep going you are doing fine. I began with a 2 mm needle and crochet thread 30 until I was ready for thinner threads and needles.
    Grace Meyer

    ReplyDelete
  5. It came out really cute. You'll get it, I know you will! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try knitting I to the back of the last stitch on every row and always knitting the first stitch of every row where possible⚓. That will make the edges neater:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Lady Jane,
    It looks beautiful. The finished product on the doll looks perfect which is what counts!
    Greatw ork!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete