Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Mini Meet

Last night Barbara came up with such a neat lamp.  It was so much fun and we were almost at 100% membership which was even more fun having us all together.  Barbara makes the most beautiful chandeliers out of jewelry findings and this lamp she designed for the club. She came armed with tons of findings for us to pick from for our lamps. I will try to have pics next meeting of the other lamps as we ran late and the others were not done as yet, so hopefully they will bring to share their finished products.  We used zap a gap and white glue to get a good grip on these metal parts. Believe me they won't come undone....    Here is mine:

 
I love how it fits in my Victorian house....
 

 
These are Barbara's lamps...
 
 
I love the bugle beads at the base of the lamp shades, but I wasn't going there - lol... They are suppose to dangle so you don't glue them on and they keep falling off every time you move the lamp.  You could glue them but that would ruin the effect so I elected not to put them on.

 
A very nice colonial lamp.
 
Till next time, LJ
 
 

6 comments:

  1. These lamps are really gorgeous and very convincing too. Amazing that they are made from mere jewellery findings ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lamps are beautiful. Wonderful job.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Un fantastico trabajo, la lamapara es una verdadera maravilla!!
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, who knew these are all jewelry findings? Your lamp came out so beautiful! I saw Barbara's display at Fun Day yesterday, they were all so pretty. She does an amazing job, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love jewelry findings too and I think that the lamps in the photos are all so well done! I bet this changes how you look at commercially made light fixtures in the future! You will see something intriguing and think " I bet I could make one Just Like It". Good Job!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete