Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Off To A Miniature Show

Today friends and I went to a Miniature Show.   I haven't been in a couple of years so of course I overspent.  My logic is " Half of what I spent I would have spent last year if I had gone, and the other half is what I would spend this year"....  Right?  Right!!!  Well, it makes perfect sense to me!!!

Here are the items purchased:

 
The cute little tea cozy a lady from New Zealand made.  I will never be able to knit this tiny or this good....

 
The chicken pot pie looks yummy!

 
The picture below is quarter scale for that dang house I have yet to make...  If this keeps up perhaps I will have all the rooms furnished when I finally put it together.

 
Also I wanted to show you the brass bed I bought a few weeks ago.  The kids gave me a gift certificate a while back that I hadn't spent yet and this is what I finally bought.  I have always wanted one in real life and isn't that the joy of miniatures.  You can always have what you want...  The bed cover and pillow I made a few years ago.
 



Here is a tray with lemonade I made a few weeks ago at the mini meet.

 
Well that's all folks...  Talk to you soon.  LJ

 

7 comments:

  1. LJ, you have done a lot of wonderful purchases, enjoy it all!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great things! Aren't you lucky to have a mini meet to make such cool things! Love that lemonade tray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could have been there with you! Love the little things you purchased and the lemonade set you made is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to a miniature show many , many years ago. It is amazing what you can see at these shows and what can inspire us to be even more creative with our own doll houses.

    You got some wonderful items for your miniature homes, ( How DOES she knit such teensy tea-cozies ? )

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got me Kathy, she is older than me and I have trouble with my eyes trying to knit little things. So many times I have to start over, lol... She and her sister traveled to the northeast for two shows all the way from NZ isnt that wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some great stuff! They are all so well made. Perfect little creations!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something about this time of the year gets me all excited about my minis. I actually bought a magazine for the miniature enthusiast, a mystery centered around a miniaturist ( I am loving it but cannot recall the authors' name and am too lazy to run upstairs & grab the book )and spent way too much time online looking up certain miniature items I am interested in . That means I am also checking out your blog & your links. Thank-you !

    ReplyDelete